Blog Brûlée – Quick Recap

Pumpkins in a Wagon in Vermont

This time last week, I was going over the river and through the woods to Smugglers’ Notch, Vermont. I was fortunate to attend the first ever Blog Brûlée, a weekend designed to set fire to blogs. (My attendance was partially funded by its sponsors. I was not compensated to write this post.)

Blog Brûlée brought together a small group of healthy food bloggers (mostly registered dietitians like me) to learn from the best in the business. It was a hands-on learning experience packaged as a great big slumber party. We bonded over breakfast with our roommates in cozy condos, while sitting around the fireplace, on a few bumpy rides through the mountains….

While deciding on toppings at the Cabot Creamery Mac & Cheese bar. Aren’t those little skillets cute?
IMG_1947

While visiting the Boyden Valley Winery and sampling hard cider, wine and cheese.

Boyden Valley Winery marisamoore.com

Around a fire pit, while toasting marshmallows…

S'more on an open pit

And while tasting Lake Champlain chocolates. (Yes. Spicy chocolate is a thing and it’s awesome.)

Chocolate Tasting - Lake Champlain

Obviously, there was a lot of food but we learned stuff too. We took a deep dive into everything from food photography and styling to the business of blogging. I left with over 20 pages of notes and 18 action items. Now, days later, I’m still motivated and excited to make my blog a better place to hang out.

I met some fun, creative and incredibly supportive healthy food bloggers.

Blog Brulee Unofficial Group Photo

And it was all made possible by generous sponsors, insightful speakers, and the pioneering founders: Gretchen Brown from Kumquat, Deanna Seagrave-Daly from Teaspoon of Spice, Robin Plotkin from Robin’s Bite and Regan Jones, the founder of Healthy Aperture and several other platforms. These ladies rock!!

Blog Brulee Founders

Stay tuned for a recipe or two inspired by my time in Vermont.

16 Comments on Blog Brûlée – Quick Recap

1. Min
    September 19, 2014 at 8:32 PM (2 years ago)

As I reflect on the weekend, the conversations I shared with you really stick out in my mind. You truly have a gift of making one feel completely at ease while brightening up the spirit at the same time. I truly treasure our time together and look forward to many more to come..in the near future hopefully ;). xoxo

September 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM (2 years ago)

How thoughtful, Min 🙂 So happy we connected. I too look forward to many conservations to come. xoxo

2. Liz - Meal Makeover Moms
    September 20, 2014 at 7:48 AM (2 years ago)

It was so fun hanging out with you at Blog Brûlée. We all learned so much, and now it’s time to dig into all those action items. I think I know which one may be at the top of your list. I can’t wait to see how your blog evolves over the next few months!

September 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM (2 years ago)

Thanks, Liz! Hanging out with you is always a blast! And yes… lots and lots to do. Thanks for being such an inspiration!

3. Jen
    September 20, 2014 at 8:43 PM (2 years ago)

Hi Marisa!
    Love your post. And the beautiful picture at the top of the post. I’m still jealous you found that Mac abd cheese bar. How did I miss that?? 🙂
    So glad you were at Blog Brûlée. Looking forward to seeing you at FNCE!!

September 21, 2014 at 10:47 AM (2 years ago)

Jen, I think I have a radar for mac & cheese 🙂 Can’t wait to catch up at FNCE!

4. Candace @ Cabot
    September 21, 2014 at 7:33 AM (2 years ago)

What a great group. It sounds like you had an amazing time in the Green Mountain State. I love the opening image with the pumpkins and the wagon…just beautiful!

September 21, 2014 at 10:46 AM (2 years ago)

Thanks, Candace! It was such a beautiful introduction to Vermont. Can’t wait to get back!

5. Regan @ Cabot Creamery
    September 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM (2 years ago)

Marisa I’m so glad you were able to join us for the weekend!! Glad you enjoyed your time in Vermont, and can’t wait to see where your blog is headed next!

September 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM (2 years ago)

Regan, Thanks for the invitation! I’m so inspired. Last weekend was definitely a blog-changing experience 🙂

6. Karman @ TheNutritionAdventure
    September 21, 2014 at 8:22 PM (2 years ago)

Marisa–it was so nice to meet you in Vermont! I agree with what Min said, you definitely have a wonderful gift when it comes to meeting new people! See you in Atlanta 🙂

September 21, 2014 at 8:40 PM (2 years ago)

Awww thanks, Karman! I enjoyed meeting you. Look forward to catching up at FNCE!

7. Deanna Segrave-Daly (@tspbasil)
    September 21, 2014 at 8:44 PM (2 years ago)

It was so fantastic to finally meet you in person and I can’t wait to see where your blog and your career takes you next 🙂 See you at FNCE!

September 21, 2014 at 9:17 PM (2 years ago)

Ditto Deanna! So nice to finally meet you and hang out. I’m so excited for the possibilities…

8. Jenny Shea Rawn
    September 23, 2014 at 7:54 AM (2 years ago)

Marisa, so great to meet you at Blog Brulee and so fun being roomies for the weekend! Looking forward to keeping in touch and see you at FNCE!

September 24, 2014 at 4:26 PM (2 years ago)

So nice to hang out, Jenny! See you next month!