Peach Basil & Feta Toast

Peaches and basil may sound like an odd combo but these two are made for each other.

Peach Basil Feta Toast on MarisaMoore.com

I love how peaches work well in both sweet and savory dishes. This Peach Basil & Feta toast delivers sweet, savory, salty and crunchy all in a couple bites. It makes a perfect appetizer or snack. Truth be told… these almost became dinner when I was taking these photos… I could not stop eating them!

This is hardly a proper recipe… more of a collection of ingredients that work really well together. If you look closely, you’ll notice that the second toast even has a little sweet corn mixed in. I loved having it in there for texture. This toast is a delicious departure from the typical peach pairing with cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and vanilla.

Try it out and let me know what you think. And I’m curious… what other combos have you tried with peaches that work?

P.S. check back for even more peach recipes coming your way!

Peach-Basil-Feta Toast on marisamoore.com
Peach Basil & Feta Toast
Servings: 24 toasts
Ingredients
  • 1 whole grain baguette , sliced
  • 4 medium ripe peaches , diced
  • 4 tablespoons good quality crumbled feta
  • Fresh basil leaves
Instructions
  1. Slice a baguette into 1/2 inches pieces on the diagonal.
  2. Pile a couple tablespoons diced peaches onto each toast. Top with feta and basil to taste.

11 Comments on Peach Basil & Feta Toast

1. Diane
    July 23, 2015 at 7:43 AM (2 years ago)
    Such a pretty and delicious looking way to serve peaches as an appetizer! Love it with the basil. Pinned! Reply
      July 23, 2015 at 11:00 AM (2 years ago)
      Thanks, Diane!! Reply
  2. Meal Makeover Mom Janice
    July 23, 2015 at 9:33 AM (2 years ago)
    Such beautiful photos! The tiny basil leaves are so cute. :) I will put this on my appetizer menu the next time I have dinner guests. Makes me realize I have not had peaches in my CSA this summer. :( Reply
      July 23, 2015 at 11:01 AM (2 years ago)
      Thanks, Janice! Aren't the basil leaves cute!? That peach situation must be remedied... summer is not quite summer with fresh peaches! Reply
  3. Jenny Shea Rawn
    July 23, 2015 at 12:14 PM (2 years ago)
    So simple, yet so summery! Love the peach/basil/feta combo. Have a bunch of peaches ripening on my counter, so must give this a try. Pinning! Reply
      July 23, 2015 at 3:50 PM (2 years ago)
      Thanks Jenny! Hope you and the little one to come are doing great! Reply
  4. Jessica @ Nutritioulicious
    July 23, 2015 at 3:17 PM (2 years ago)
    Peaches and basil are great together! I just made a nectarine salsa that has red onion and cilantro in it - you can try the same combo w peaches! Reply
      July 23, 2015 at 3:50 PM (2 years ago)
      I thought about adding sweet onion to this but stopped short and kept it basic. That salsa sounds delicious. For some reason though, I tend to skip right over the nectarines... need to get them a chance! Reply
  5. Regan @ The Healthy Aperture Blog
    July 25, 2015 at 10:46 AM (2 years ago)
    So pretty and yummy :) (p.s. I wish your twitter share button autopopulated your username in the share, #justsayin) Reply
      July 25, 2015 at 3:53 PM (2 years ago)
      Thank you, Regan! Can't get enough of it these days. And I really appreciate you #justsayin. I fixed it! Reply

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Peach Basil & Feta Toast