Students and Interns
I love working with students! I think there’s an opportunity for both of us to learn from each other and grow professionally. Here are the ways we work with students and interns.
- We accept interns 3 times per year: January, May and August.
- Preference is given to candidates who can commit to working with us 10 weeks or more and who will receive course credit or dietetic internship hours.
- Internships are unpaid. Stipends may be offered for special projects for exceptional interns.
- Atlanta based candidates are preferred but we also hire virtual interns throughout the year.
Internships are offered in culinary nutrition, media and communications. Tasks may include:
- Reviewing, analyzing and developing content for different social media channels.
- Writing newsletter content
- Researching current food and nutrition topics
- Writing timely, food and nutrition blog posts
- Developing recipes and writing content to promote it
- Food photography and editing
- Video scripting, production and editing
- Assisting with media appearances/features – help with research and talking points, accompany RD on set, help with shopping, styling/set up, messaging and promotion on social media.
- Developing your own social media network
- Participating in relevant social media activities.
In exchange, interns may receive mentorship, letters of recommendation and references commiserate with performance.
To apply for an internship, please complete the application at least one month before your desired start date. Also, send me an email to let me know you’re interested!
Informational Interviews and Other Student Requests:
- To expedite your request and get the information you need, please first review the website. You might get your answers from the About, Services or Media pages.
- If you send an email, please include the specifics of your request and your deadline.
- I work to get to these requests as soon as possible but some slip through the cracks.