Chickpea Basil Tomato Salad
Servings: 2 -4
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (1 15 oz can, rinsed and drained)
- 1 to mato chopped and seeded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves torn
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in your favorite bowl and enjoy!
This is a freestyle recipe. Feel free to change it up to make it your own. I often have cooked beans in the refrigerator to make this salad in a snap. This time I used Kroger's Private Selection Organic Chickpeas. They are low in sodium. Just be sure to rinse and drain them well.