These healthy overnight oats in a jar are made with apples, pecans, and dairy-free milk. This easy vegan recipe takes just 5 minutes to make and it’s perfect for breakfast meal prep! Put breakfast on autopilot with this no-cook recipe.
Jump to Recipe
This recipe was recently refreshed with new photos!
Everybody knows breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you’re a skipper… you are missing out. Don’t have time? This refrigerator oats recipe delivers a wholesome breakfast in just a few minutes.
This concept of no-cook oats is not new. Muesli has been around for years but never really caught on in the United States. It’s traditionally a blend of oats or other grains, milk or yogurt, dried or fresh fruit, and nuts. No matter what it’s called or where you eat them, refrigerator oats may very well be the easiest way to eat your oats.
Put breakfast on autopilot with this easy apple pecan overnight oats recipe
Sunday Night Tip: Line up your bowls (or jars) and add the ingredients assembly-line style. Shake and enjoy a grab and go breakfast for the next few days. Stack your oats for the week.
I love this recipe because it’s easy and incredibly versatile. Feel free to switch it up. Start with the basic recipe of oats plus your favorite milk. With that base, flavor options are endless.
Best ingredients for overnight oats
Here are some of my favorite mix-ins:
- Strawberry or peach preserves and a dollop of Greek yogurt
- Diced pears and walnuts with a drizzle of honey
- Sliced bananas and a tablespoon of natural peanut butter
- Pureed pumpkin, pumpkin spice, and pumpkin seeds
- Chia seeds with honey
Follow Me on Pinterest!
Healthy oatmeal recipes you’ll love
Blackberry Walnut Overnight Oats
Leftover Cranberry Sauce Overnight Oats
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies
Honey Nut Toasted Oat Breakfast Bites
Apple Pecan Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup your favorite milk (unsweetened)
- ½ small apple, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- ½ tsp pure maple syrup
- generous dash of cinnamon
- pinch salt (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a jar or glass bowl with a lid.
- Shake and refrigerate overnight.
- Next Day: Grab your breakfast and go or heat it to take the chill off. This one is delicious warm or cold!
- Line up your bowls (or jars) and add the ingredients assembly-line style.
- Add the ingredients.
- Shake and enjoy a grab and go breakfast for the next few days.
- Add extra toppings in the morning like granola or other ingredients that might go soft overnight.
- You can also opt to heat your oats in the microwave for a warm breakfast.