This Caramelized Apple Maple Cream Tartlet is a healthy holiday dessert that comes together in just 10 minutes.Jump to Recipe
I don’t know about you but this time of year is crazy busy. If you need a quick and healthy dessert for a holiday event or something to eat while decorating, this recipe is the answer.
[Tweet “Need a quick, healthy holiday #dessert? Make these easy Caramelized Apple Maple Cream Tartlets!”]
This month, the Recipe Redux crew is sharing healthy holiday desserts. I don’t have a big sweet tooth. However, when I want dessert, I go all in. I want pound cake with real butter and pie with all the crust. I do stick to a small slice – most of the time. Accordingly, serving smaller portions is one way to create healthier desserts. Another is using seasonal produce. Including fruits and vegetables like apples, pears, sweet potatoes and winter squash is an easy way to boost flavor and possible use less sugar.
At just 125 calories for two, these Caramelized Apple Maple Cream Tartlets are a sweet and healthy bite for the holidays.
Minus the mini phyllo cups, you probably already have most of these ingredients on hand. Thanks to my friends at Cabot Creamery, I had a ton of whole milk Greek yogurt in the fridge and a bunch of apples in the crisper just begging to be used up. I used Pink Lady apples for a sweet, tart flavor that works well with the maple syrup but you can use any apple that will hold up to a quick saute.
Cheers to a happy and healthy holiday season!
Caramelized Apple Maple Cream Tartlets
- 16 mini phyllo cups
- 1 Pink Lady apple diced small
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch coarse salt
- pecans, crushed (optional garnish)
- 1 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Bake the phyllo cups 10 minutes or according to package directions. Let cool.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté apples in butter - about 5 minutes. Add the maple syrup, cider, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until syrupy.
- Make the maple cream: mix the yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Assemble the tarts. Add a tablespoon of maple cream to each cup. Top with apples. Garnish with crushed pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
Use the little blue button below to check out the other healthy holiday desserts