Chard, mushrooms and goat cheese combine in this easy frittata that’s perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This easy frittata is packed with greens, mushrooms, and a little goat cheese for a satisfying and easy meal.
If you’re an egg eater, frittatas are the perfect solution to feed a crowd any time of day.
Chard, Mushroom & Goat Cheese Frittata
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 bunch chard , cleaned and sliced
- 8 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 eggs , beaten
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in an 8 inch, oven safe skillet. (I used a seasoned cast iron skillet to avoid any problem with sticking.)
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper. Set aside. Preheat broiler to high.
- Add the garlic, chard and mushrooms to the skillet. Saute 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Turn the stovetop flame down to medium-low. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet covering the vegetables. Sprinkle in the goat cheese in pieces. Cook the eggs (not stirring) until almost set - about 4 minutes.
- Broil the egg mixture 1-2 minutes or until the top begins to brown (a couple shades before the one in the picture!).
- Remove the pan from the oven. Slice. Serve warm or at room temperature with a side salad.