It’s Earth Day and I’m sharing a few ways to eat well for your health and the Earth too.
- Waste less. Freeze almost expired yogurt into ice trays to avoid waste. Use the cubes to make smoothies later.
- Eat less meat. It takes significantly more water and energy to produce a pound of meat versus a pound of grains, fruits or vegetables. Try one of these meatless recipes to get started.
- Eat what’s in season. Enjoy blueberries in the summer when they taste best and don’t have to travel thousands of miles to your plate. If it’s not in season, try frozen options.
- Cook at home more often. Takeout food generates tons of plastic, paper and fuel waste every year. Use real plates and cups and cloth napkins at home.
- Support farmers markets or join a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) in your area.
Leave a Reply