Jump to Recipe
These flourless tahini brownie bites are a fudgy, grain-free dessert that’s sure to score at your big game party!
This post is sponsored by Sprouts.
Are you ready for game day? Though both my teams are out, I’ll still be watching. But I’m way more interested in the food than what will be happening on TV next Sunday. And honestly, that’s always the best part. This year, I’m making dessert – in the form of flourless brownies! And you know I have to be a little extra, so I added a swirl of tahini to take them up a notch.
These flourless brownies get nutty, rich flavor from the tahini and bittersweet chocolate. Now. I won’t pretend that these are a health food. They are not. They are a portion controlled treat that will satisfy your grain-free and grain-eating friends alike.
It was fun to play around with the recipe because until I made black bean brownies a couple years ago, I had not tried brownies without flour. But the cocoa adds a bit of a flour-like consistency to the mix while the tahini and bittersweet chocolate give them all the body they need for a rich, fudgy finish. Plus it makes a pourable batter that you can whisk by hand!
Though it looks like caramel in the photo, that swirl is a simple mix of tahini and maple syrup for a nutty, slightly sweet topping that takes these flourless brownie bites over the top.
[clickToTweet tweet=”ad: Add these Flourless Tahini Swirl Brownie Bites to your spread for a sweet treat! #GAMEDAYGOALS” quote=”ad: Add these Flourless Tahini Swirl Brownie Bites to your spread for a sweet treat! #GAMEDAYGOALS”]
I’ve seen both the the Carolina Panthers (2016) and the Falcons (2017) go down in the big game in the last couple years. No matter what happens this year, I’m going to have these on the table so it will be a sweet finish!
So what are you serving? I’m sure to have guacamole and other small bites and dips. But I’m still pulling the menu together. If you’ll be browsing around your local Sprouts for inspiration (like me), enter “TOUCHDOWN” in their mobile app for $1 off Sprouts Organic Spicy Black Bean Dip!
So here’s the easy recipe. You can make these brownies a day or so ahead if you want. They will stay perfectly moist and fudgy for a few days in a sealed container. Tag me on Instagram (@marisamoore) when you make them!
Flourless Tahini Swirl Brownie Bites
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup unsalted tahini plus 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 eggs large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup coconut sugar (or maple sugar)
- ¼ tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- cooking spray/mister
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prep an 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray on the sides and bottom. Line with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Stir in ¼ cup tahini and the coconut oil until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, coconut sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is light and airy.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the warm (not hot) chocolate mixture a little at a time just until combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the cocoa powder. Pour the batter into the prepped pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tbsp tahini with the maple syrup. Drop the maple tahini mixture by the spoonful onto the brownie batter. Swirl with a toothpick or spoon.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30-35 minutes. Let cool. Slice into 16 brownie bites.