These Mediterranean Tuna Salad Bites make a tasty protein-packed snack or appetizer that comes together in under 10 minutes.
Happy Summer, y’all! It’s time for a new recipe redux recipe. This one is inspired by fellow Atlanta registered dietitians, Ann and Lesley over at MyMenuPal, the place to go for healthy menu planning made simple. As I scrolled through Instagram last month, I stopped at their eye catching Avocado Chicken Salad in a Cucumber Cup recipe.
Doesn’t it look tasty?
When charged with this month’s recipe redux challenge to highlight another member of the group, this stunning photo came to mind and I was inspired to create a similar cucumber appetizer. Plus – It’s easy. And as I finish out this month with two more trips, easy is very necessary.Try these Greek Tuna Salad Bites as a protein-rich snack or appetizer! #TheRecipeRedux
These Greek Tuna Salad Bites combine the traditional flavors of a Greek salad with tuna for a protein-rich snack or appetizer. It’s a forgiving recipe that I made up on the fly using prepped chopped onions and peppers in the fridge.
I also had some leftover olives from the supermarket olive bar so tossed those in. I love getting the flavors of Greek salad in one convenient little bite!
For a fresh spin on Mediterranean-style fish, try my cod in parchment recipe. It’s perfect for date night or an easy weeknight meal.
Mediterranean Tuna Salad Bites
- 2 medium cucumbers sliced into thick rounds
- 2- 6 ounce can white tuna drained and flaked
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced sweet or red onion
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- Salt pepper and dried oregano to taste
- Slice the cucumber into rounds. (I prefer to leave the skin on for color, fiber and to make it easier to hold the appetizer.) Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to combine the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Place 1 heaping spoonful of tuna salad onto each of the cucumber rounds.
- Enjoy these Greek Tuna Salad bites as a snack or an appetizer for a party.
Pin this recipe for later.