These Mediterranean Tuna Salad Bites make a tasty protein-packed snack or appetizer that comes together in under 10 minutes.
Happy Summer, y’all! It’s time for a new recipe redux recipe. This one is inspired by fellow Atlanta registered dietitians, Ann and Lesley over at MyMenuPal, the place to go for healthy menu planning made simple. As I scrolled through Instagram last month, I stopped at their eye catching Avocado Chicken Salad in a Cucumber Cup recipe.
Doesn’t it look tasty?
When charged with this month’s recipe redux challenge to highlight another member of the group, this stunning photo came to mind and I was inspired to create a similar cucumber appetizer. Plus – It’s easy. And as I finish out this month with two more trips, easy is very necessary.Try these Greek Tuna Salad Bites as a protein-rich snack or appetizer! #TheRecipeRedux
These Greek Tuna Salad Bites combine the traditional flavors of a Greek salad with tuna for a protein-rich snack or appetizer. It’s a forgiving recipe that I made up on the fly using prepped chopped onions and peppers in the fridge.
I also had some leftover olives from the supermarket olive bar so tossed those in. I love getting the flavors of Greek salad in one convenient little bite!
If canned salmon is more your speed, make this Mediterranean Salmon Orzo Salad for meal prep this week!
For a fresh spin on Mediterranean-style fish, try my cod in parchment recipe. It’s perfect for date night or an easy weeknight meal.
Mediterranean Tuna Salad Bites
- 2 medium cucumbers sliced into thick rounds
- 2- 6 ounce can white tuna drained and flaked
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced sweet or red onion
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- Salt pepper and dried oregano to taste
- Slice the cucumber into rounds. (I prefer to leave the skin on for color, fiber and to make it easier to hold the appetizer.) Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to combine the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Place 1 heaping spoonful of tuna salad onto each of the cucumber rounds.
- Enjoy these Greek Tuna Salad bites as a snack or an appetizer for a party.
Pin this recipe for later.