This easy herbed avocado egg salad is served on sprouted seed crackers for a bright but hearty appetizer for your next brunch, party, or shower.
By now you would have tossed all of the leftover eggs from Easter – if not, please do. But if you have eggs in the fridge, this Herbed Avocado Egg Salad is begging to be made! It’s a great way to use up leftover avocado too.
With brunches, bridal showers, and graduation parties gearing up and Mother’s Day right around the corner, you might be looking for new appetizers to serve.
Whether you’re planning a patio party or just want a snack for lunch on a warm day, this Herbed Avocado Egg Salad is a tasty way to elevate plain boiled eggs – even it is only for this week’s meal prep.
This twist on traditional egg salad is enlivened with luscious avocado, fresh lemon juice, and herbs, then served up on a stack of sprouted seed garlic and herb crackers.
The crackers add incredible crunch to each bite. You can use any flavor you like including sesame!
How to make healthy egg salad
This appetizer comes together quickly and can easily be doubled or tripled. Simply boil and chop a few eggs, slice, peel and mash the avocado, mix with lemon, herbs, and seasonings and you’re done!
You can even boil the eggs a couple days ahead if you know things will be busy the day of the party.
The avocado adds a decadent creaminess that perfectly complements the protein-rich eggs while the lemon juice adds zesty flavor to bring it all together. Whether you have parsley, chives, or dill on hand, fresh herbs add a bright finish that goes well with the citrus flavor.
The crackers more than hold up to this avocado egg salad but I love stacking them for double the crunch. It also gives guests the option to flip the bottom cracker to make a little sandwich.
If you happen to be the lucky host, boil a couple extra eggs for any leftover avocado. Believe me, you’ll want to snack on this the next day.
Before you go, here are a few other
Healthy Appetizer Ideas
Now, here’s the easy avocado egg salad recipe!
Herbed Avocado Egg Salad
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 sprouted seed crackers
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Making the salad: Slice and pit the avocado. Scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Lightly mash the avocado and stir in the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the chopped eggs and toss lightly to combine.
- Assembly: Place the sprouted seed crackers in stacks of two on a serving platter. Add a dollop of avocado egg salad to each stack. Top with fresh chopped parsley, chives, or dill. Serve immediately.