This sheet pan Honey Soy Roasted Shrimp & Asparagus is a healthy and easy 15-minute meal. Succulent shrimp and crisp asparagus are tossed with a slightly sweet honey soy sauce and roasted to perfection in this simply satisfying dish.
Last night, I shared this roasted honey soy shrimp during a cooking demo as part of my partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market. The demo was all about seafood, and my goal was to show just how easy it is to incorporate fish and seafood into weekly meals. If I may say so myself, this recipe is one of the easiest ones I’ve ever created, and it will be in regular rotation.
You’ll only need a few ingredients. Shrimp, honey, soy sauce, oil (sesame oil works well but use any neutral tasting oil you have on hand), garlic and fresh asparagus.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Got 15 minutes? Make this Honey Soy Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus #HealthyRecipes #FishFriday” quote=”Got 15 minutes? Make this Honey Soy Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus #HealthyRecipes #FishFriday”]
The simple marinade seasons the shrimp almost instantly, so there’s no need to let it sit though you can if you want.
Now, if you’ve never roasted shrimp, you are in for a treat. Not only does it happen in just 10 minutes, it eliminates the stovetop splatter from sauteeing shrimp. So, easy cleanup! But importantly, you’ll get a lovely caramelized finish and that means FLAVOR.
Have you roasted shrimp before? If not, I’d love to hear how it goes! Be sure to let me know in the comments and tag me on Instagram (@marisamoore) when you make this recipe.
Honey Soy Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 2 T Sprouts sesame oil
- 3 T Sprouts organic low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup Sprouts organic raw honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ t ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray or lightly oil a large baking sheet (skip the oil and line the pan with foil for easier clean up). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and pepper. Add the shrimp. Toss to coat.
- Using tongs to lift the shrimp from the bowl, place the shrimp onto the prepared pan in a single layer. Add the asparagus spears to the pan and drizzle with the leftover sauce.
- Roast about 10 minutes in the 400°F oven - until the shrimp turns pink. Remove from the oven and serve.
Leave a Reply