Easy Instant Pot Cinnamon Applesauce Recipe – This pressure cooker recipe has no added sugar and keeps the peels on!
This might be my easiest applesauce recipe yet. You can make this cinnamon applesauce using the Instant Pot or any electric pressure cooker.
The reason I love it is because there’s absolutely no need to peel the apples. And when you get fresh, delicious apples, you don’t even need to add sugar. This is refrigerated applesauce. If you are looking for a more traditional recipe that will last for months, go here to learn how to can homemade applesauce.
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
Once cooked, use an immersion blender to get the applesauce to the consistency you want. I went all the way smooth with this one but next time, I may leave it with a bit more texture. This smooth version works really well stirred into oatmeal or as a puree for apple muffins!
Grab the easy recipe below.
If you prefer pears, make my easy Instant Pot Pear Sauce and in the summer you’ll surely love this Instant Pot Peach Jam!
Easy Instant Pot Cinnamon Applesauce
- 3 pounds apples, skin on (I used Gala)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Wash, core, and slice the apples into large wedges.
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot pot. Set the valve to "sealing." Start the IP in manual mode for 5 minutes at high pressure. Let it work and release the pressure naturally. Once the pressure is released, open the top using an oven mitt to protect your hands from the steam.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the apple mixture to the desired pureed consistency. Feel free to leave it chunky or make it smooth as shown here. Serve it warm or cold - as is with a spoon or use it to top oats!
Be sure to PIN this recipe for later and tag me on Instagram when you make it.
Leave a Reply