Jump to Recipe
This naan pizza gets a double dose of kale, walnuts, and parmesan for a garlicky, nutty meal that takes just 10 minutes to prep!
Apparently, naan is a trending these days, but kale is on it’s way out? I love that people are embracing bread again. The truth is, I never gave it up and don’t see that happening anytime soon. And kale, well it holds a special place in my heart and makes an appearance in my kitchen at least once a week. This naan pizza recipe brings together several favorites in one easy meal!
For this recipe, I took a classic pesto recipe and added extra garlic for spice and swapped baby kale for basil and walnuts for pine nuts. It may be my new favorite way to enjoy kale. Here it’s a rich pizza sauce. Tomorrow it may be on spaghetti squash, chickpeas or toast! The recipe below makes more than you’ll need for this naan pizza, so a little work today means easy eating through the week!
[Tweet “Kale Pesto Naan Pizza with Toasted Walnuts = Dinner in under 20 minutes! @marisamoore “]
If you still need a reason to make this recipe, here are three:
- Once you prepare the kale pesto (which only takes 10 minutes), this recipe becomes a 10-minute meal! And you get to use the pesto later.
- The naan pizza is an easy way to fit vegetables in at dinner.
- It doubles as a customizable appetizer for girls’ night in, brunch for a crowd or a party.
Bonus: It’s pretty good looking too!
I like making things from scratch but haven’t gotten around to baking my own bread yet. Like most people, I buy it. This whole grain naan freezes well right in the package, so it’s a perfect staple for quick weeknight meals.
The kale pesto is packed with kale, parmesan, and walnuts but those same ingredients top the flatbread, so this naan pizza is a bit of a doubleheader. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Tag me on Instagram @marisamoore.
Here’s the easy recipe:
Kale Pesto Naan Pizza
Kale Walnut Pesto (recipe makes extra)
- 4 cups baby kale
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup toasted chopped walnuts
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
For the Naan Pizzas
- 2 whole grain naan
- ¼ cup kale pesto (recipe above)
- 2 cups baby kale
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Make the Kale Pesto: Add the kale, walnuts, and garlic to a food processor (or blender). Pulse to break down the ingredients. With the processor on low, add the olive oil. Blend until fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides. Add the parmesan and salt to taste. Blend until smooth. Store leftover pesto in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Make the Naan Pizza: Spread 2 tablespoons kale pesto onto each piece of naan. Top with 1 cup kale each, then evenly with the parmesan, chopped walnuts, and red pepper flakes.
- Place the naan pizza directly on the oven rack or a sheet pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the cheese starts to turn golden brown. Carefully remove from the oven. Slice and enjoy!
PIN the recipe for later