This is a healthy alternative to microwave popcorn. I added a little garlic powder but the options are endless. Jazz it up with your favorite herbs and spices. I'm a little popcorn obsessed right now so there's more to come...
- ¼ cup quality popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 paper bag food grade paper bags are best
- Mix the popcorn kernels, oil and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Add the mixture to a brown paper bag. Fold the bag down 2-3 times.
- Microwave on high for about 3 minutes or until popping slows down.
- Open the bag (beware of any steam) and enjoy!
~100 calories per 3 cup serving IMPORTANT: Use this recipe at your own risk. There have been reports of fire using this method to make popcorn - especially among those who staple the bag or reuse bags. Don't do that.