Peaches and basil may sound like an odd combo but these two are made for each other.
I love how peaches work well in both sweet and savory dishes. This Peach Basil & Feta toast delivers sweet, savory, salty and crunchy all in a couple bites. It makes a perfect appetizer or snack. Truth be told… these almost became dinner when I was taking these photos… I could not stop eating them!
This is hardly a proper recipe… more of a collection of ingredients that work really well together. If you look closely, you’ll notice that the second toast even has a little sweet corn mixed in. I loved having it in there for texture. This toast is a delicious departure from the typical peach pairing with cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and vanilla.
Try it out and let me know what you think. And I’m curious… what other combos have you tried with peaches that work?
P.S. check back for even more peach recipes coming your way!
Peach Basil & Feta Toast
- 1 whole grain baguette , sliced
- 4 medium ripe peaches , diced
- 4 tablespoons good quality crumbled feta
- Fresh basil leaves
- Slice a baguette into 1/2 inches pieces on the diagonal.
- Pile a couple tablespoons diced peaches onto each toast. Top with feta and basil to taste.