This spiked raspberry lemonade is a pretty summer cocktail made with fresh raspberries, fresh lemon and a touch of sugar for a refreshing drink! Not drinking? I’ve also included tips on making this into an alcohol-free mocktail as well.
This post is sponsored by the makers of Ball® home canning and this post contains affiliate links.
This pretty spring cocktail is sweet and tart and perfect for small gatherings at home or a picnic on the go! The recipe is easy to make and a refreshing way to enjoy a taste of spring.
You will need
Growing up in the south, drinking from jars is perfectly normal. I’m happy to kick off this year’s recipes with a fun way to use small jars whether you’re at home or want to take them on the go!
Adorned with raspberries and fresh lemon, these cocktails are as beautiful as they are delicious.
Make the raspberry lemonade
This recipe has only a few steps.
You’ll muddle the raspberries with sugar and fresh lemon juice.
After the raspberry lemon mixture is combined and chilled with the ice, you can top with sparkling water and serve right away.
Or add the mix to each jar. Refrigerate or pack on ice to take on a picnic. And top with sparkling water when you are ready to drink.
Do I have to add sugar?
Yes. I think this drink needs some sweetness. Raspberries can be sweet-tart and lemon is more sour than sweet in most cases. So adding a little sugar helps round out the flavors.
Plus, the granulated sugar helps to macerate or extract more juice from the raspberries. So be sure to add that in during the muddle for the best effect.
TIP: Taste your berries first. Luckily my berries were quite sweet so I only used a couple of tablespoons of sugar. You can sweeten to your taste.
About the sparkling water
Sparkling water makes up half of this drink.
Use your favorite but I encourage you to choose a high-quality sparkling water whenever possible.
You can also try out different flavors to add a hint of other flavors.
Can this drink be made without alcohol?
Yes. You can make this into a mocktail.
Simply sub in the same amount of sparkling water for the vodka. At that point you’ll have a very refreshing sparkling raspberry lemonade which is a fun, family friendly drink to enjoy all season long.
It also makes for the perfect addition to your friend’s baby shower!
How to serve this cocktail
This drink is perfect to enjoy all on its own. That is, after you stop staring at it!
You can drink it solo or pair it up with
- A spring charcuterie board
- As a party beverage for a small gathering. Chill the raspberry, lemon, vodka mixture in the smooth-sided jars with the lids on. Just before serving, top with ice-cold sparkling water. This way it all stays nice and fizzy.
- On the porch or for a picnic on a warm spring day.
How will you use this recipe? Please let me know in the comments. I’m always looking for new ideas!
Raspberry Lemon Cocktail
- 1 pint fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 ounces vodka
- 16 ounces lemon sparkling water
- Raspberries and lemon slices for garnish
- Muddle ¾ of the raspberries with the sugar and lemon juice until the berries are crushed in the wide mouth jar. Add the vodka.
- Add a handful of ice cubes to the jar. Close the lid and shake vigorously.
- Using a strainer, pour about 4 ounces of the raspberry lemon vodka mixture into each of the smooth-sided jars. Top each with 4 ounces of sparkling water. Garnish with raspberries and lemons.Serve immediately.