This vegan roasted butternut squash soup is what creamy, dreamy soups are made of. Add this easy soup to your fall and winter menu.
This easy roasted butternut squash soup is the perfect bowl to warm you up! I’ve had this recipe ready and in regular rotation since last fall but it’s finally making it to the blog.
Gather these ingredients
To make this super simple soup, you’ll only need a handful of ingredients.
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Walnuts (optional but recommended)
Tips for success
The soup requires just a few simple ingredients and the recipe can be adjusted to your taste and what you have on hand.
The extra virgin olive oil helps to give it extra body and a silky texture.
I added an extra drizzle of that plus crushed walnuts for a little texture. You can use your favorite nut or a couple of croutons as a topper.
Though the ingredient list is short, I can’t stress this enough.
Roast the butternut squash. Roasting the squash provides an incredibly sweet, caramelized flavor that just cannot be beat.
Boiling just doesn’t achieve the same results. While it will still be a tasty soup – because most anything butternut squash is – it won’t have the same richness.Make this Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. It's both sweet and savory, creamy and dreamy! #Soup
This soup is a great way to use up any of my leftover Roasted Butternut Squash and Apples too. Just toss them right in with the broth.
Get more easy, healthy soup recipes
Here’s the simple butternut squash soup recipe. Be sure to post your pic and tag me on Instagram (@marisamoore) when you make it!
And also, PIN this recipe for later! And…
Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided (2 +1 tbsp)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth (more if needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped walnuts + EVOO for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel and cube the butternut squash. Toss in 2 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast on a sheet pan at 400°F for about 20 minutes – until caramelized.
- In a large stockpot, sauté the onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the roasted squash and broth. Simmer 10-15 minutes. Blend until smooth. Top with crushed walnuts and an extra drizzle of EVOO or a couple of large croutons.