Valentine’s Day weekend is over.
Hopefully you had a chance to enjoy a little something sweet with your Sweetie. But no matter how you spent the weekend, if chocolate or whipped cream crossed your lips, it may have set off a desire for even more. Sometimes, a little indulgence leads to a lot. Though the research is limited on food addictions, I see this happen over and over again with clients. But it doesn’t have to…
Now, I’m not the type of dietitian to recommend carrot sticks when you tell me you want chocolate. Embrace your love for chocolate with healthier bites of the flavor you crave.
Try these tips to reign in your
chocolate sweet tooth.
Stale candy, cake or cookies
- Fresh strawberries (or your favorite in season fruit)
- Cool, creamy Greek yogurt with fruit
- A frozen chocolate covered banana
- Dark chocolate apple slices
- 3 frozen chocolate kisses
- Cinnamon sugar almonds
- Hot cocoa with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon
Give the fruit first idea a try. Fruit’s natural sweetness can quiet a sweet tooth, even if temporarily.
Sweet Tip: Skip the sugar in your coffee. Add cinnamon or cocoa powder for a heart-healthy boost of flavor!