This Tropical Carrot Cake Smoothie is a creamy and healthy take on classic carrot cake.
I’m in love with this smoothie, y’all! Isn’t it pretty?
Carrot cake has a deliciously complex flavor profile. I love the spices and the texture. And I mean… it’s made with carrots so it has to count for something healthy, right?! Though I love a good slice of carrot cake, this smoothie puts carrots in the spotlight and requires just a fraction of the time to make.
For this blend, I combine traditional carrot cake flavors with pineapple and coconut for a tropical twist. It comes together in just a few minutes and is honestly my favorite smoothie so far.
Somehow, I always end up with extra carrots in the fridge. This carrot cake smoothie is a tasty way to use them up. For another dessert-inspired smoothie, check out my Apple Pie Oat Smoothie recipe too!
Tropical Carrot Cake Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (refrigerated, not canned)
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes, plus more for garnish
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to taste
- maple syrup or to taste
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender. Puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Top with leftover coconut flakes. Enjoy immediately.
Leave a Reply