This Tropical Carrot Cake Smoothie is a creamy and healthy take on classic carrot cake.
Jump to Recipe
I’m in love with this smoothie, y’all! Isn’t it pretty?
Carrot cake has a deliciously complex flavor profile. I love the spices and the texture. And I mean… it’s made with carrots so it has to count for something healthy, right?! Though I love a good slice of carrot cake, this smoothie puts carrots in the spotlight and requires just a fraction of the time to make.
For this blend, I combine traditional carrot cake flavors with pineapple and coconut for a tropical twist. It comes together in just a few minutes and is honestly my favorite smoothie so far.
Somehow, I always end up with extra carrots in the fridge. This carrot cake smoothie is a tasty way to use them up.
I shared a step-by-step tutorial on how I made this smoothie over on the KitchenAid blog along with some carrot nutrition information but had to share it with you here too!
Follow Me on Pinterest!
Tropical Carrot Cake Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (refrigerated, not canned)
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes, plus more for garnish
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to taste
- maple syrup or to taste
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender. Puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Top with leftover coconut flakes. Enjoy immediately.