Zucchini Noodles with Tomato, Basil & Parmesan
Zucchini noodles or zoodles topped with fresh tomatoes, basil and parmesan make for the perfect summer meal!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- cracked black pepper and kosher salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons or more fresh basil torn
Spiralize the zucchini.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté spiralized zucchini for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute or so. Toss in sliced fresh cherry tomatoes. Heat just until the tomatoes are warm. Add in the crushed red pepper flakes, kosher salt and pepper. Toss to combine evenly.
Remove from the heat. Sprinkle on torn fresh basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Twirl!
Double the portion for a (very) light dinner or plate these zoodles with a side of salmon and a glass of white wine served on a backyard deck.