Fig, Goat Cheese and Arugula Flatbread
This fig flatbread features sweet figs, caramelized onions, creamy goat cheese and fresh arugula for a sweet and savory meal that really satisfies. It’s the perfect light meal to transition from summer to fall!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 1 small flatbread (I used a whole grain naan)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce goat cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup caramelized onions
- 3-5 fresh figs , sliced
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 teaspoon balsamic reduction (I used a store bought version)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Brush the flatbread with olive oil. Add dollops of the goat cheese evenly over the flatbread. Add the onions and figs.
Bake 10 minutes or until the goat cheese melts a bit and the edges of the flatbread brown.
Remove from the oven. Top with arugula, salt, pepper and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.