Grapefruit Gin Basil Cocktail
Fresh squeezed red grapefruit juice, gin and muddled basil combine in this healthy cocktail that will brighten light up any winter happy hour.
Servings 1 drink
- 1 T grapefruit marmalade
- 2 large fresh basil leaves torn (plus more for garnish)
- ¾ c fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1½ oz. gin
- 2 T grapefruit simple syrup recipe below
- ice cubes
- For the Grapefruit Simple Syrup:
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
Make the grapefruit simple syrup: Combine ¼ cup sugar with ¼ cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice in a small pot. Bring to a boil then lower to simmer until the sugar dissolves. Let cool.
Make the cocktail:
Muddle the marmalade and basil in a cocktail shaker.
Add ice cubes, gin, grapefruit simple syrup and fresh grapefruit juice to a shaker. Shake well.
Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy.