Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Arugula Pasta
This vegetable packed pasta recipe is perfect for a vegan dinner with a touch of elegance.
- 3 cups bite-size cauliflower florets (about half a medium head)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 cups dry pasta (I used casarecce)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Juice of a small lemon (about 3 tbsp)
- 4 cups arugula
- ¼-½ cup Reserved pasta water
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spread the cauliflower florets and chickpeas in an even layer on a sheet pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat. Roast about 15 minutes until the cauliflower starts to caramelize, turning once.
Prepare pasta according to package directions for cooking to al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain.
Heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Add the hot drained pasta, roasted cauliflower and chickpeas, arugula and lemon juice. Add reserved pasta water starting with ¼ cup until desired sauciness is achieved. Toss to coat. Taste and add additional lemon, salt and pepper if desired. Serve.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 428mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 624IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg