Honey Garlic Sablefish with Broccoli
This buttery, flaky pan-seared sablefish is sweet, savory and garlicky in a good way. Pair it with broccoli for a restaurant quality meal that’s ready in minutes.
- 1 pound Alaska sablefish (black cod), cut into 4 fillets
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp grapeseed other neutral-tasting oil, divided
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos, reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 5 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spritz a baking sheet with oil or line with parchment. Set aside.
Whisk 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, coconut aminos, honey, toasted sesame oil, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl until well combined. Or shake all ingredients in a jar with a lid.
Add ⅓ cup of honey garlic sauce to the broccoli florets in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Place on a prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast 15 minutes, or until the broccoli is caramelized.
Pat the fish dry. Season with coarse salt and cracked black pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the sablefish with the skin side up. Cook about until seared and golden, about 4 minutes. Flip.
Add the remaining honey garlic sauce to the skillet. Cook about 5 minutes, until the sauce is reduced by about half and the fish is cooked to 145°F. Baste the cod with the sauce generously. Serve warm with a side of warm broccoli and rice, if desired.
- This recipe works best when using thawed fish. Simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator or under cool water for 30 minutes on the day of prep.
- Be sure to pat the fish dry before adding to the skillet. This will help create a good sear and also reduce splatter.
- Adjust the cook time based on the thickness of the fish.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 547mg | Potassium: 570mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 611IU | Vitamin C: 77mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg