Gingerbread Glazed Almonds
Wondering how to make glazed nuts? These Gingerbread Glazed Almonds are a little sweet and a little spicy. Snack on them at home or share them as an edible DIY gift!
- 1½ cup raw almonds (not roasted or salted)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a baking sheet fitted with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, molasses, spices and hot water until the sugar dissolves and the glaze is smooth. Add the almonds. Toss to coat.
Spread the almonds onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
Roast 20 minutes, turning once. Remove from the oven. Let cool completely. Store cooled almonds in a sealed glass jar.
Tips to make glazed almonds:
- Use raw or natural almonds. Skip the roasted and salted ones as they will throw off the recipe flavor.
- Get some fresh spices. If your ginger has been hanging out in the pantry for a couple of holiday seasons, it's probably time for a new bottle!
- Line the baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat like a Silpat to prevent sticking to the pan.