Maple Roasted Pecan Butter
This easy homemade pecan butter sweetened with maple syrup and finished with a sprinkle of kosher salt comes together in just a few minutes.
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°F. Roast the pecans in a single layer on a sheet pan for 5 minutes. Stir and roast an additional 3-5 minutes until nutty and slightly browned. Don’t let the nuts burn.
Add the warm pecans to the food processor bowl. Pulse until the pecans are coarsely ground. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Process on high 1-2 minutes. Scrape down the sides. Process an additional 3-5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
Add the maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon. Process just until incorporated.
Enjoy the pecan butter on apples, warm bread or muffins or atop a baked sweet potato.
Tips for the best homemade pecan butter recipe:
- Use a good quality food processor or high-powered blender. Whipping pecans into a creamy butter takes some work.
- Roast or toast the pecans. Doing this helps provide more depth and flavor, as well as a creamier texture.
- Take care not to over blend the pecan butter. Go only to the point where it's perfectly creamy because just seconds later it will turn into a crumbly paste.
- Maple pecan butter makes a perfect holiday gift. Use the small mason jars with a bow. You're done.