Grilled Peaches and "Cream"
Grilled peaches and honey whipped yogurt “cream” come together in a super simple summer dessert. With just 5 ingredients and a hot grill, this sweet treat is ready in 10 minutes!
Servings 4 people
- 4 medium ripe peaches, halved & pitted
- 2 tbsp Thrive® Oil
- 1 cup plain whole Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey plus more for drizzling
- fresh mint sprigs and chopped almonds, optional garnish
Heat the grill or grill pan to medium heat. Lightly brush the cut peaches with oil.
Place the peaches cut side onto the grill. Cook about 4 minutes, just until grill marks appear, and the peaches are tender.
Remove the peach halves with tongs and transfer to a serving bowl or plate. Serve warm, topped with a dollop of whipped yogurt "cream." Add an extra drizzle of honey, chopped nuts, and mint, if desired.
- Once the peaches are cool enough to handle, you can pull the peel off with a gentle tug or skip that step and serve with the peel on.
- Yes. You can use a lower fat or even a non-fat Greek yogurt but it won't be the same. I skipped heavy cream in favor of the yogurt for the protein and probiotic benefit. The full-fat version adds a velvety rich texture that you just won't get from a non-fat yogurt.
- To make this recipe vegan, swap the honey for maple syrup and the regular Greek yogurt for an almond, cashew, or coconut milk yogurt. There are some almond milk Greek yogurts on the market with a great texture so you might try that first.