Crunchy Cashew Cabbage Salad
This Crunchy Cashew Edamame Cabbage Salad with toasted sesame dressing is an easy weeknight meal that's ready in 10 minutes. It's a vegan salad that’s a little sweet and a lot crunchy!
Servings 4 servings
- ¼ cup sesame oil (any neutral oil works)
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil (I used Sprouts brand)
- 3 tbsp raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut or brown sugar (or maple syrup)
- ½ tsp coarse salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 16 oz. package Tricolor Coleslaw
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed/cooked
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions (green onions)
Whisk dressing ingredients in a large bowl. (You can also shake the dressing in a jar and pour it onto the salad ingredients.)
Add the slaw, carrots, cabbage, and edamame to the bowl. Toss to coat.
Top with cashews and green onions. Serve.*
*This cabbage salad is best served right after it’s dressed. However, the dressing can be made up to a week in advance to be ready when you are.
Recipe by Marisa Moore, RDN | Marisa Moore Nutrition:https://marisamoore.com
All images and content are © Marisa Moore. Please do not republish or reprint anything without prior consent. You are welcome to share this post via social media though :).