Turkey and Stuffing Meatballs
These Turkey and Stuffing Meatballs are Thanksgiving in a bite! Add them to your Friendsgiving menu or serve as a holiday party appetizer!
Servings 8 people
- ½ lb. mushrooms finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup onion finely chopped (about ½ large onion)
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- ½ cup coarsely ground cornmeal or dry cornbread stuffing
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or brush or spray with oil.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
Using a meatball scoop or melon baller, scoop the mixture to form 24 - 1½ inch meatballs. The meatballs should be very moist but hold the shape when placed on the sheet pan. Place 1 inch apart on the pan.
Bake uncovered 18-22 minutes until the center of the meatballs reaches 165ºF on a meat thermometer. Serve warm as is with mini skewers or with cranberry sauce for dipping. I added a sprinkle of parsley for extra color!
Tips for making the best meatballs
- Finely chop the onion and celery by hand or use a food processor. This is critical for a smooth texture, and it also helps the meatballs maintain moisture.
- Use gloved hands and a scoop for less mess and consistently sized meatballs. This ensures they cook evenly.
- Spread the meatballs out on the pan - at least 1 inch apart. This helps the meatballs brown better.