Vegan Egg Roll Bowl
This healthy egg roll bowl is vegan and gluten-free. Make this easy weeknight dinner in 10 minutes. It's packed with the satisfying flavors of an egg roll – in a bowl!
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 12 ounces frozen shelled edamame 1 package
- 12 ounces tricolor coleslaw 1 package
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ tsp coarse salt (or to taste)
- ½ cup roasted whole cashews
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions (green onions)
Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic, ginger, and (optional) red pepper flakes just until fragrant. Add the edamame. Cook until it thaws and starts to sear.
Add coleslaw and carrots. Sauté until the cabbage is cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and top with cashews and green onions before serving.
Tips for making the best egg roll in a bowl:
- Use toasted sesame oil for part of the oil. Feel free to swap all regular sesame oil for any neutral tasting oil you have on hand. Store your toasted sesame oil in the fridge to keep it fresh.
- Don’t crowd the pan. Cook each ingredient as listed. Use the biggest skillet you have or cook the vegetables in batches for a good sear. That’s where you get the flavor.
- Add a drizzle of chili sauce. This will pump up the flavor and help you get that real egg roll flavor.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g