Mediterranean-Style Fish in Parchment
Mediterranean style fish in parchment is a healthy dinner recipe that's keto, whole 30, and paleo-friendly. Made with lemon, tomatoes, and olives, this simple recipe is ready in just 20 minutes!
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb cod fillets, or other white fish (4 fillets)
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prep the parchment: Tear off 4 sheets of parchment paper - about 14-inches each. You will think the pieces are larger than you need. Keep at it.
Toss the tomatoes, olives, lemon juice and zest, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
Place the cod on a plate or cutting board. Pat dry with paper towels (or a clean cloth towel). Rub olive oil into the fish and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Place one fillet (skin side down) and 1/4 of the vegetables on each piece of parchment. Seal the packets by rolling the parchment as shown in the photo. Bake in the preheated oven until done - about 15 min and let sit. Serve with extra lemon juice over rice or potatoes, if desired.
Tips for success
- Because the fish will essentially steam in the parchment paper, keep in mind that it will keep cooking when you remove it from the oven. To avoid overcooking, open the packets to allow the steam to escape or serve it right away.
- Tear off plenty of parchment. You'll want to leave plenty of space to roll the paper for a tight seal.
- Place the fish skin side down on the parchment paper. This will allow the post flavor absorption.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 645mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 699IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg