Crispy Avocado Fries
Vegan air fryer avocado fries are an easy healthy appetizer. Crunchy outside and creamy inside, these are fried to perfection in less than 10 minutes!
- 2 medium avocados
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ½ tsp chipotle chile powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- 1 fresh lime
- Avocado or olive oil spray
Preheat the air fryer for at least 3 minutes to 400 F. Mix the cornmeal and seasonings in a shallow bowl or pan.
Slice, peel and pit the avocados. Gently toss the avocado slices into the cornmeal mixture until completely coated. Press the avocado into the cornmeal until it sticks.
Place the coated slices into the preheated air fryer basket. Spritz lightly with oil. Cook for 8 minutes - stopping midway to gently shake the basket to ensure even cooking.
Once done. Squeeze lightly with lime juice. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tips for success
- Choose a ripe but firm avocado.
- Cut the avocados into the same sized slices for more even cooking.
- Don't skimp on the seasonings. The salt may sound like a lot but remember that you won't eat all of it. Another seasoning option: Use 1½ tsp taco seasoning for the garlic and chile powder if you have it on hand. Add salt to taste.
Make this recipe without an air fryer
Preheat oven to 475 F. Spray a quarter sheet pan with oil. Place the cornmeal coated avocado slices onto the pan. Spritz the tops of the avocado fries with a light spritze of oil. Bake 10 minutes.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 302mg | Potassium: 510mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 221IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg