Frozen Mango Rum Punch
This healthy cocktail recipe combines mango with lime juice and coconut rum for a refreshingly sweet and sour frozen daiquiri drink that’s perfect for summertime sipping.
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (2 juicy limes)
- 3 ounces coconut rum (2 shots)
- 1 T honey
- 2 cups club soda (or seltzer)
Blend the frozen mango, lime juice, rum, and honey until smooth. Add the club soda and give it a light stir to combine.
Pour into two glasses and garnish with a lime wedge or mango chunk. Serve.
Ways to make a healthier cocktail
- Use frozen fruit as a base. Bulk up your drinks with sweet frozen pineapple, watermelon, and peaches, which are ideal in the summer.
- Muddle fruit for sweetness. Smash fresh berries, grapes, kiwi or melons in the bottom of a glass or shaker. Add club soda or sparkling wine for a sweet and fizzy drink.
- Cut the sugar. Sometimes drink recipes call for too much simple syrup or sugar. Scale it down. You might be surprised to find that less sugar works just fine.
- Add healthy stuff. Ginger, 100% fruit juice, mint and other herbs add tons of flavor and a few nutrient benefits in the process.