Chipotle Chickpea Taco Salad
This chipotle chickpea taco salad is packed with pepitas for crunch and tossed in a creamy avocado cucumber dressing. This easy vegan salad is filling and flavorful!
Servings 4 people
Chickpea Taco Salad
- 2 tbsp avocado or other neutral oil
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (1- 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chipotle powder (more for a spicier flavor)
- salt to taste
- 1 5 ounce package mixed salad greens
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ small red onion, diced
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas (baby pumpkin seeds)
Avocado Cucumber Dressing
- 1 small avocado, peeled and pitted
- ¼ avocado oil
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime, juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat. Add the chickpeas and sauté until heated through (about 5 minutes). Add the garlic, chipotle powder, and salt and toss to combine.
Assemble the salad with the greens, cucumber, tomato, and pepitas.
Add the salad dressing ingredients to a high-speed blender. Puree until smooth. Drizzle over the salad and enjoy!