Made with oats, pumpkin, ripe bananas, and walnuts, this easy gluten-free breakfast bread will be your new nourishing way to eat your morning oats this fall!
I’ve taken some basic breakfast foods like oats, banana, and cinnamon plus pumpkin and whipped them into a slightly sweet and super convenient quickbread.
It’s time to celebrate the flavors of fall. And for many, that means PUMPKIN! I love the crisp cool air. And the rich, warm burgundy and orange colors give me all the fall feels. It’s the perfect excuse to eat all the cinnamon and curl up on the couch with a slice of this bread!
Gather these ingredients
Old fashioned oats
Very ripe bananas
Cinnamon and nutmeg
The other reason you’re gonna love it? You don’t need any bowls, whisks, spoons or mixers.
Whip this one up in your blender, pour it in a pan, and bake!
I took this photo on my first try of the recipe. The second time I made it, I blended the oats first. I will likely do that going forward since my blender needed the help.
So, if your blender is not of the Vitamix, Blendtec, or maybe Ninja variety – you might want to do the same. Regular blenders do OK but the mixture was way smoother with pre-blended oats.
Confession: I am not head over heels in love with pumpkin like everyone else seems to be. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy pumpkin. It’s full of beta carotene and fiber. It’s easy on the eyes and makes a great fat substitute in baking.
But in all honesty, I usually default to sweet potatoes. I grew up on those starchy tubers but there’s room for all things orange.
It’s usually still hot here in Atlanta mid-September but this year it’s been unseasonably cool. The leaves are changing early and there’s a familiar chill in the air every morning and night. Fall is almost here. If you know me, you know that I’m big on sticking with the seasons. So… the idea of posting a pumpkin recipe before the first day of fall was hard to grasp.
So there you have it. This simple breakfast bread takes just 5 minutes to mix up then you’re minutes from a house filled with the aroma of autumn.
Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread
- 2 small very ripe (brown) bananas
- 1 cup Sprouts Organic canned pumpkin
- ½ cup Sprouts pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups gluten-free oats, ground
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp coarse salt
- ½ cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a standard-sized loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Add the bananas to salt, in the order listed, to a high powered blender. Puree until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the walnuts on top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread stand in the pan about 10 minutes then cool on a cooling rack. Slice and enjoy warm, at room temperature or toasted for breakfast!