Made with parmesan cheese and fresh chives, these easy crispy quinoa patties make a delicious snack or appetizer.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Pompeiian.
Easy, grab and go recipes are perfect for busy weeks. These crispy quinoa patties can be made up to 2 days ahead and will keep in the fridge during the week.
Here’s what you’ll need
Onion powder (or fresh grated onion)
Extra virgin olive oil
Simply combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Form the patties:
Stuff the quinoa mix into a ⅓ measuring cup. Pack it in tight. Tap the cup into your hand or onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
Making patties that are about the same size will help with even cooking.
Note: For this part, you will likely need to rinse the measuring cup a few times to reduce sticking.
Tips for crispy patties
Refrigerate the patties for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 days.
Chill the patties. It helps keep them together. Going directly from the bowl to the skillet doesn’t work so well. The patties will likely break apart.
Don’t crowd the skillet. If you add too many patties to the skillet, it will bring down the temperature of the oil. Slower cooking means more oil absorption and greasy not crisp patties.
Flip the patties just once. Leaving them alone in the pan helps form a crunchy, golden-brown crust. So. Be patient.
Once the patties are golden brown on both sides, transfer to a cooling rack. This allows any excess oil to drip away and the patties will remain crisp!
Don’t place the patties on paper towels. They will become soggy.
Before cooking the second half, wipe out the pan and add two tablespoons of fresh oil.
Your patties are done!
Enjoy them warm as an appetizer or snack with your favorite dipping sauce. Or top with your favorite vegetables or serve as part of a meal.
Ways to enjoy these patties
– Eat the patties warm as a snack or appetizer with a dip!
– Use as a salad topper. Add the warm quinoa patties to your favorite salad greens.
– Top with lots of cooked vegetables or serve as a side dish.
– Add cooked chopped spinach or other greens to the patties before sauteing.
Other recipes using quinoa
Black Bean Quinoa Skillet
Kale and Quinoa Superfood Salad
Summer Quinoa Salad
Crispy Quinoa Patties
- 2 cups cooked, cooled fluffed quinoa
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Combine the quinoa, parmesan cheese, eggs, chives, and spices in a medium bowl. Stir until the eggs are well incorporated throughout the mixture.
- Using a ⅓ measuring cup*, press the quinoa mixture into the measuring cup, firmly packing it to about ⅔ full. Slide the patty out and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill the patties at least 15 minutes or up to 2 days ahead of time.
- Heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, place half the patties into the skillet. Cook until golden brown and crispy (flipping once), about 3 minutes per side. Cook the remaining patties.
- Place the cooked patties on a cooling rack to allow any excess oil to drip away. Enjoy these patties warm or at room temperature as a handheld snack, appetizer with your favorite dipping sauce, or with sauteed vegetables for a meal.
- Stuff the quinoa mix into a ⅓ measuring cup. Pack it in tight. Tap the cup into your hand or onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Making patties that are about the same size will help with even cooking.
- Rinse the measuring cup with water or brush inside with oil if the mixture starts to stick after a few patties.
Wow, these quinoa patties looks so incredibly delicious! Love how easy it is to make. I just have to try these!!
This is delicious and really easy to make! I added a little bit of smoked paprika to mine and it was very tasty, highly recommend.
Love how light and crispy these quinoa patties are. I topped them with sautéed spinach and served with chicken for an easy summer dinner.