How to Make Peach Jam in the Instant Pot

Jump to Recipe

You only need three ingredients and a few minutes to make this honey vanilla peach jam in the Instant Pot. Sweetened with honey and a splash of vanilla, this easy pressure cooker recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes!

Vanilla Peach Jam in the Instant Pot. My new favorite thing.

I took a canning class several years ago. That summer, I made peach jam and blueberry jam and enjoyed them throughout the year. I spent hours in the kitchen cooking fruit, making sure that the jam had the proper headspace, sterilizing jars and making sure that I got a good seal on the jars. I sourced pectins, bought cases of canning jars and a little canning kit to lift said jars out of big pots of boiling water. Sound scary? To me too. I was especially afraid that I’d spend all of that time creating jam then I’d end up in the hospital with botulism poisoning. Real talk.

But many jars of homemade peach jam later, I’m still here. Botulism free. And today, I’m excited to now have a shorter, faster process to make this Honey Vanilla Peach Jam!

This month’s Recipe Redux challenge has us making a summer recipe in the slow cooker. The idea is to beat the heat by cooking without heating up the kitchen. And as I write this from Austin, TX where it’s currently 101 degrees… it’s certainly a fitting theme. This was a fun challenge for a couple reasons. One: I never use the slow cooker in the summer. I’ve always associated it with cold weather meals. And two…

It finally pushed me to pull out my Instant Pot. I got my Instant Pot last year during Amazon’s Black Friday sale. It was half price. I justified the purchase because I could get rid of my slow cooker – maybe sell it and save some shelf space. It arrived that Sunday. I was ready to “IP” all the foods. Then I saw all of the parts, the awkward instruction manual and “cookbook” and realized I needed to watch a few YouTube videos to figure out how to use the thing. I became overwhelmed and it collected dust. That is, until this week.

How to Make Peach Jam in the Instant PotClick To Tweet

Pressure Cooker Peach Jam

To make this recipe, I simply combined fresh peaches with honey and a splash of vanilla in the Instant Pot and used the pressure cooker and saute functions. It saved a ton of time on clean up and the peaches cooked quickly once all loaded in. This one is not shelf stable. As I explain in the recipe, it will keep in the fridge for a couple weeks and can also be frozen for at least six months.

I will admit that my first pass took a little longer than I expected. But that may be due to the fact that I was afraid to open it and spent several minutes googling “how to open the Instant Pot” for fear of injury.

Notice that I did not remove the skins. I like the extra body and rosy color they give the jam. And they literally melt right in. Plus that speeds up the prep process and adds a little extra fiber to the mix!

See how the skins just melt right in? It’s really like magic!

Pressure Cooker Peach Jam

If you’re wondering about the definition of jams and jelly versus preserves, because I was too, check out this piece from Cooking Light.

Don’t know about the Instant Pot yet? Bless your heart for getting this far in the post! But it’s basically a multicooker with (verified) claims to cook rice, make yogurt, saute, slow cook and pressure cook among other tasks.

Be sure to tag me on instagram @marisamoore when you make this recipe! And be sure to check out the other summer slow cooker creations by clicking the recipe redux link below.

5 from 4 votes
Instant Pot Peach Jam Recipe
How to Make Fresh Peach Jam in the Instant Pot
Prep Time
5 mins
Cook Time
15 mins
Total Time
20 mins

You only need three ingredients and a few minutes to make this easy peach jam in the Instant Pot. With no refined sugar or pectin, this recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes.

Course: Appetizer, Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
Cuisine: American
Servings: 40 1 tablespoon
Calories: 25 kcal
Author: Marisa Moore Nutrition
Ingredients
  • 2.5 pounds fresh (very ripe) peaches (6.5 cups, pitted and chopped)
  • ½ cup honey (more up to 1 cup, if desired)
  • 1 lemon, juiced (about 1/4 cup juice)
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Pit the peaches. Chop into chunks (about 1 inch each). Add peaches, lemon juice and honey to the Instant Pot. Set the valve to "sealing." Start the IP in manual mode for 1 minute at high pressure. Let it work and release the pressure naturally. Carefully open the IP using an oven mitt or pot holder.

2. Switch the IP to sauté mode and set to “less.” Stirring occasionally, saute  about 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and the jam has thickened.

3. Turn off the IP. Stir in the vanilla extract. At this point you can use an immersion blende for a smoother consistency or leave it chunky for a more rustic feel.

4. Store the jam in jars (see size note below) and refrigerate for a week or two OR freeze for an easy freezer jam that will keep for at least 6 months. Just thaw it about 15 minutes before you’re ready to eat it.

Recipe Notes

This recipe yields 5 - 4 ounce jars OR 2-8 ounce + 1-4 ounce jars.

PIN this recipe for later.
How to Make Peach Jam in the Instant Pot

recipe-redux-linky-logo

31 Comments on How to Make Peach Jam in the Instant Pot

1. Kelli McGrane
    July 21, 2017 at 10:50 AM (4 weeks ago)
    I love this! You basically combined my two favorite flavors - vanilla and peach - into a spreadable goodness! I don't have an instant pot, but this is giving me great inspiration to make a chia-jam version ;) Reply
      July 21, 2017 at 11:28 AM (4 weeks ago)
      Thanks, Kelli! It's exactly that. I'm sure you can make it in the slow cooker or on the stove top too! Reply
  2. Kathryn
    July 21, 2017 at 3:45 PM (4 weeks ago)
    This is such a great idea! Love the fresh peaches idea :) Reply
      July 21, 2017 at 7:14 PM (4 weeks ago)
      thank you, Kathryn! Reply
  3. Sara
    July 21, 2017 at 9:12 PM (4 weeks ago)
    I LOVE peaches Marisa! And this looks incredible! I can't wait to make some too! Reply
      July 21, 2017 at 10:47 PM (4 weeks ago)
      Can't wait for you to try it, Sara! Do you get good peaches in Chicago? Reply
  4. Brynn at The Domestic Dietitian
    July 21, 2017 at 10:05 PM (4 weeks ago)
    Me and the hubby just got back from Italy where I re-fell in love with having toast and jam for breakfast. Can't wait to make this with all the peaches that are currently growing on my neighbor's tree! Reply
      July 21, 2017 at 10:48 PM (4 weeks ago)
      Oooh you're so lucky to have peaches growing next door!! Reply
  5. Diane Boyd
    July 22, 2017 at 9:45 AM (4 weeks ago)
    Clearly I'm a laggard; don't have an instant pot. But your post is sparking my curiosity. Lovely jam and photos. Reply
      July 22, 2017 at 2:41 PM (4 weeks ago)
      The IP does seem to be making strides. It's nice to have so many functions in one appliance. Reply
  6. Janise
    July 29, 2017 at 12:08 PM (3 weeks ago)
    Thanks for this great post! I'm working on a batch now. Do you know if you can do more than one batch at a time? Thanks! Reply
    • Janise
      July 29, 2017 at 12:09 PM (3 weeks ago)
      Can I double it? Just to clarify my comment. ;) Reply
        July 30, 2017 at 10:39 AM (3 weeks ago)
        Hi Janise. Thanks for stopping by! Yes. You can double this recipe but the boil down or sauté time will likely be longer. Reply
  7. Karen Christopherson
    July 29, 2017 at 1:43 PM (3 weeks ago)
    I had the same IP fears as you, Marisa. I too bought my IP on Amazon's Black Friday last year. The last thing I made in it didn't turn out well at all and made me "pot shy". I have peaches, strawberries and cherries to make into jam today and was having a hard time getting motivated. But I want to make sure I understood what you meant by "not having a long shelf life". Does that mean even if I use my usual canning method it will not last on the shelf? Just wondering since I have more shelf space than freezer space. Reply
      July 30, 2017 at 10:36 AM (3 weeks ago)
      Hi Karen. Great question! This makes a quick freezer or refrigerator jam as written. Though I added lemon juice, I wouldn't use this recipe for canning a shelf stable jam. The Ball canning website has some great recipes though so maybe check there if you want to make a more traditional, shelf stable jam. Reply
  8. Sophia
    August 6, 2017 at 11:08 AM (2 weeks ago)
    Not sure what I have done wrong but the skins definitely did not melt right in, in fact the peaches didn't really break down at all. I am trying another quick pressure cook round, but we shall see. Reply
      August 6, 2017 at 1:53 PM (2 weeks ago)
      Hi Sophia, I'm sorry to hear that. Are your peaches ripe? If they are hard I can imagine they'd take much longer, and the flavor won't be the same. After my manual cook time, I found that the peaches were mostly broken down and very juicy. If the peaches were ripe, maybe your machine needs a little more time to cook? Also, make sure the vent is closed. Reply
    • Dawn
      August 17, 2017 at 3:57 PM (2 days ago)
      Sophia, are you sure that your Instant Pot came to pressure? Because if they didn't break down at all, that's what it sounds like may have happened. It may have not had enough liquid to do so. Reply
  9. Jodi
    August 13, 2017 at 8:22 PM (6 days ago)
    Can you substitute something for the honey? Could you use pure maple syrup? Reply
      August 13, 2017 at 8:26 PM (6 days ago)
      Definitely. That would be really delicious. Maple syrup is a bit thinner so you might need to cook it down a bit longer to get the right consistency. Reply
  10. Kat
    August 14, 2017 at 10:07 PM (5 days ago)
    Can you substitute any fruit for the the peaches...... we love peaches but other fruits, as well.
      August 14, 2017 at 11:16 PM (5 days ago)
      I haven't tried it with other fruits but I bet you could swap in fresh ripe plums or figs with similar results. Apples and pears may need adjustments. Let me know if you try something else. I'd love to hear how it turns out! Reply
      • Kat
        August 17, 2017 at 10:40 AM (3 days ago)
        Thanks for the reply! I'm working on this today. Decided on peach/mango/jalepeno jam! I'll let you know! :) Kat Reply
          August 17, 2017 at 11:46 AM (2 days ago)
          Oooh. The jalapeno sounds like a nice add. Can't wait to hear how it turns out! Reply
  11. Martha
    August 16, 2017 at 10:02 PM (3 days ago)
    This is so delicious and so easy! I had no idea you could make jam so delicious without any refined sugar. Now I need to scour your site to see what other magical recipes you have. Thank you Marisa!!
      August 16, 2017 at 10:51 PM (3 days ago)
      Thanks! So happy to hear you like it! Reply
  12. Irene
    August 17, 2017 at 4:29 PM (2 days ago)
    Hi, can you explain why this recipe is not shelf-stable? I can't water-bath-can it? Reply
      August 17, 2017 at 5:30 PM (2 days ago)
      Hi Irene, I totally understand wanting to capture all of those great peaches before the season ends. However, I'm not a canning expert and didn't test the recipe for traditional canning and storage. So, I don't know if that will work and cannot recommend it. I wanted this to be an easy option for a flavorful freezer or refrigerator jam. I suggest finding a recipe that's been tested and proven to be shelf stable. Reply
  13. Maggie
    August 17, 2017 at 7:24 PM (2 days ago)
    This is literally the first recipe I have made with my new instant pot! I tested it last night but I had some organic peaches that I wasn't going to be able to finish in time before they were overripe. I didn't have a many as the recipe called for so I supplemented with some strawberries. I was also a little low on honey so I added a little bit of granulated maple sugar. The results are amazing and will be so good mixed in with my oatmeal or yogurt! The house smells great too!
      August 17, 2017 at 7:54 PM (2 days ago)
      Don't you just love the Instant Pot?! And how versatile this recipe is! Your version sounds yummy! Reply