This healthy egg roll bowl is vegan and gluten-free. Make this easy weeknight dinner in 10 minutes. It’s packed with the satisfying flavors of an egg roll – in a bowl!
Jump to Recipe
This recipe is sponsored by Sprouts.
This healthy egg roll bowl is naturally vegan and gluten-free. But the fact that it takes just 10 minutes and minimal prep is the reason I love it! There is a time and place for chopping vegetables and removing edamame from the pod but this is not it.
With just a few quality ingredients, you can get dinner on the table in minutes. It’s packed with vegetables and plant-based protein for a satisfying dish.
Tips for making the best egg roll in a bowl:
- Use toasted sesame oil. You can use all toasted sesame oil for the saute but I found it to be a bit overpowering. Feel free to swap the regular sesame oil for any neutral tasting oil you have on hand. Store your toasted sesame oil in the fridge to keep it fresh!
- Don’t crowd the pan. Instead, cook each ingredient as listed. Use the biggest skillet you have or cook the vegetables in batches for a good sear. That’s where you get the flavor. Without this, the cabbage will steam. While that’s OK (I’ll still eat it), the recipe will lack the crunch and depth of flavor that really makes this egg roll in a bowl so craveable.
- Add a drizzle of chili sauce. This will pump up the flavor and help you get that real egg roll flavor.
This easy recipe is best served warm but you can eat it at room temperature. Tag me on Instagram know when you make this one!
Follow Me on Pinterest!
This healthy egg roll bowl is vegan and gluten-free. Make this easy weeknight dinner in 10 minutes. It's packed with the satisfying flavors of an egg roll – in a bowl!
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 12 ounces frozen shelled edamame 1 package
- 12 ounces tricolor coleslaw 1 package
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ tsp coarse salt (or to taste)
- ½ cup roasted whole cashews
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions (green onions)
Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic, ginger, and (optional) red pepper flakes just until fragrant. Add the edamame. Cook until it thaws and starts to sear.
Add coleslaw and carrots. Sauté until the cabbage is cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and top with cashews and green onions before serving.