Looking for a healthy party appetizer? These easy Chipotle Shrimp Guacamole Bites are perfect for your next party. This healthy-ish twist on chips and guacamole packs a protein punch and a bunch of crunch!
Jump to Recipe
I had a TV segment this week that focused on hosting a healthier Cinco de Mayo fiesta. As a result, I had a bunch of avocados leftover. So you know what that means? Avocado on everything and a lot of guacamole.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Chipotle Shrimp Guacamole Bites – a fun and tasty party appetizer!” quote=”Chipotle Shrimp Guacamole Bites – a healthy-ish party appetizer!”]
Now, I hesitate to really call these shrimp guacamole bites healthy. The tortilla chips are fried. But I’m all about balance. Since all of the ingredients on top are healthy, and the chip is just holding it up, I’m going for it!
Chipotle Shrimp Guacamole Bites
Chipotle Roasted Shrimp
- 24 medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp ground cumin
- 2 medium avocados, sliced and pitted
- 1 lime, juiced (more if desired)
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves minced)
- coarse salt to taste
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 48 tortilla chips
- party platter
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Make the shrimp: In a medium bowl, whisk the oil, juice and spices. Add the shrimp, toss to coat.Line a half sheet pan with foil. Lifting the shrimp out of the bowl with a fork or slotted spoon, spread the shrimp onto the pan in a single layer. Roast 8 -10 minutes (longer for larger shrimp). Remove from the oven. Shrimp can be served warm or at room temperature. But for food safety, don’t allow the cooked shrimp to stand at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
- Make the guacamole: In a medium bowl, mash the avocado to break it apart. Add the lime juice, red onion, garlic, and salt. Using a fork, mash the mixture to combine – I like a chunky consistency. Taste. Add more or lime salt if need. Top with as much or as little chopped cilantro as you’d like.
- Get your favorite party platter. Arrange the tortilla chips stacked 2 chips high. Add a dollop of guacamole (about 1 tablespoon) to each chip stack. Top with a shrimp. Try not to eat them all before your guests arrive!
PIN it for later!