This avocado lime tartlet with toasted coconut and a crunchy almond crust is a sweet and tart dessert that’s gluten-free and ready in minutes!
I’ve been a recipe developing machine over the past six months. As a result (and my desire to prevent food waste), I’ve accumulated lots of extra recipe testing ingredients. I’m currently eating my way through lots of Greek yogurt, Medjool dates, three different types of citrus, and almond flour (from my work with California Almonds last month).
[clickToTweet tweet=”Got 10 minutes? Make this gluten-free, No-Bake Coconut Lime Avocado Tart! ” quote=”Got 10 minutes? Make this gluten-free, No-Bake Coconut Lime Avocado Tart! “]
Needless to say, I need
ed to spring clean my kitchen to make room for spring produce and to be able to see the back of my freezer and pantry. Lo and behold, this month’s recipe redux theme is to spring clean your kitchen using at least three ingredients already on hand. I always have avocados at home. Since I had over five pounds of almond flour in the freezer, two boxes of Medjool dates, and a couple of bags of unsweetened shredded coconut, I immediately thought about desserts.
And speaking of desserts, I’ve got Easter treats on my mind, and one night I found myself whipping up a batch of mini raspberry ginger cheesecakes. I’m talking real, full-fat cream cheese with a ginger snap crust cheesecake. It’s odd because I don’t even like cheesecake. At least that’s what I used to think. But let me tell you, those little cheesecakes were so good! I got a little hooked on those fluffy sweets and wanted to make another batch when I decided to think up something a little healthier but equally as fun.
That’s where these Coconut Avocado Lime Tartlets come in. The avocado brings healthy fat and fiber. The yogurt brings a little protein. The date almond crust packs an extra dose of fiber and heart-healthy fats while being naturally sweet, nutty and crunchy. It all comes together for a nutty, creamy, slightly sweet and tart dessert. Yes. It’s got ALL the flavors.
Plus, it’s multi-functional. Using the same filling, you can package these coconut avocado lime tartlets in mini mason jars for an on-the-go dessert. Just freeze and add the lid before you go. They make a picnic perfect sweet treat.
Try these Coconut Avocado Lime Tartlets and let me know what you think!
No-Bake Coconut Avocado Lime Tarts
Date Almond Crust
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- pinch of coarse salt
Avocado Lime Filling
- 1 small avocado, pitted and scooped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime juiced)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 0% but whole would be fantastic)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lime zest, plus extra for garnish
- toasted shredded coconut for garnish
- Pulse the almond flour, dates and coconut in a small food processor or blender. You'll know it's ready when you can press the mixture between your fingers and it sticks together.
- Put the filling ingredients into a blender. Puree until smooth. Fold in the lime zest.
- Press a heaping tablespoon of the crust into the bottom of each of 6 lined muffin tin cups or 1/2 cup mason jars. Spoon the filling on top. Freeze until set.
- When ready to enjoy, let the tarts thaw slightly (about 10-15 minutes) at room temperature.