This Crunchy Cashew Cabbage Salad with toasted sesame dressing is an easy weeknight dinner that’s ready in 10 minutes. It’s a filling meal that’s a little sweet and a lot crunchy!
Jump to Recipe
This post is part of my ongoing partnership with Sprouts.
With shredded red and green cabbage, carrots, and edamame, this salad is packed with color and crunch! But best of all, it’s ready in less than 10 minutes, thanks to pre-shredded vegetables and frozen edamame!Try this Crunchy Cashew Edamame Salad for an easy vegan dinner salad!
This recipe was the hit of my latest cooking demo at Sprouts. The theme was all about getting dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less. Now, that we are all getting back to school and work, quick, easy and healthy meals don’t have to be a chore. Though you can take time on weekends to prep vegetables and grains for quick meals during the week, you can also find things like tricolor coleslaw, triple washed baby spinach or kale, and shredded carrots to save a ton of time in the kitchen.
The toasted sesame salad dressing brings it all together. If you haven’t tried toasted sesame oil, do it. Toasted sesame oil has an unbelievably rich, nutty aroma and flavor to match. And the thing is, you only need a little. I keep it in the fridge to add a boost of flavor to stir-fry dishes and yes, salad dressings.
This one is a blend of apple cider vinegar, plain and toasted sesame oils, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and a little something sweet. You can add brown or coconut sugar, maple syrup, or honey if keeping it vegan is not required. Whisk it all until it’s creamy like this…
Pour it all on. Toss to coat. And top with crunchy, roasted cashews.
Follow Me on Pinterest!</a
Once the dressing is on, get ready to eat. The cabbage will start to soften soon after the salad is dressed. If you want to make it ahead of time, shake the dressing in a mason jar and pour it on the vegetables just before you’re ready to eat.
PIN this recipe for later! And be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it.
Follow Me on Pinterest!
Crunchy Cashew Cabbage Salad
- ¼ cup sesame oil (any neutral oil works)
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil (I used Sprouts brand)
- 3 tbsp raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut or brown sugar (or maple syrup)
- ½ tsp coarse salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 16 oz. package Tricolor Coleslaw
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed/cooked
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions (green onions)
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a large bowl. (You can also shake the dressing in a jar and pour it onto the salad ingredients.)
- Add the slaw, carrots, cabbage, and edamame to the bowl. Toss to coat.
- Top with cashews and green onions. Serve.*
Recipe by Marisa Moore, RDN | Marisa Moore Nutrition:https://marisamoore.com All images and content are © Marisa Moore. Please do not republish or reprint anything without prior consent. You are welcome to share this post via social media though :).