Brimming with heart-healthy fats, this recipe combines omega 3 rich salmon with creamy avocado and tart grapefruit for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
I blogged this Grapefruit Glazed Salmon Taco recipe over on the Fannetastic Food blog today. The subject is omega 3 fats and why you should be eating them. As I mentioned yesterday, I plan to share more nutrition information in the new year. This post is a little taste.
But while you’re here, let me share the inspiration behind the recipe. If you didn’t know… I love tacos. I mean a 2-3 times a week kinda love. This recipe combines that love with seasonal fruit and one of the delicious goodies I got at Blog Brûlée in Vermont.
This Blake Hill Grapefruit and Lemon Marmalade could be a new pantry staple.
Atop the salmon and under the broiler, the marmalade caramelizes into a slightly sweet and tart glaze that can make anyone a fish lover. Of course, you don’t have to buy the Blake Hill marmalade.
But do get a good quality one. This marmalade is just like your grandma would make (maybe better). It has only fruit, sugar and lemon juice – no fillers, preservatives or icky chemicals. Definitely nutritionist approved.
Fresh grapefruit is in season now and the perfect pair with avocado in the salsa. Often overlooked, grapefruit is an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber and delicious paired with fish and avocado.
Now, dip on over to Anne’s blog to see Why You Should Be Eating Omega 3s and snag the easy recipe for my Grapefruit Glazed Salmon Tacos below.
If you love tacos like I love them, check out these
Healthy taco recipes
Glazed Salmon Tacos with Grapefruit Avocado Salsa
- 1 lb. salmon cut into equal fillets
- 1 T avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c rapefruit marmalade
- 8 soft corn tortillas warmed
- Grapefruit Avocado Salsa:
- 1 medium avocado diced
- ½ c chopped grapefruit segments
- ¼ c lime juice
- ¼ c diced red onion
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt to taste
- Position a rack in the top third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the avocado, grapefruit, lime juice, red onion, cilantro and salt in a small mixing bowl. Toss gently to mix. Set aside.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Place the salmon on the baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes. Remove the salmon from the oven.
- Set the broiler to high. Spread a thin coating of the marmalade on the tops of the salmon. Broil 2-4 minutes. Watch closely. Remove the salmon when golden brown.
- Add equal portions of the salmon onto the warmed tortillas. Top with the grapefruit avocado salsa. Serve.