This raw kale salad is a hearty and satisfying addition to your lunch. Add a side of quinoa or enjoy alongside grilled fish to make it a complete meal.
This raw kale salad is a hearty and satisfying addition to your lunch. Add some quinoa to make it a complete meal.
- 2 bunches of kale clean and thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- ½ cup lightly salted roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup canola or peanut oil
- 2 T smooth natural peanut butter no sugar
- 1 T light brown sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Prep the kale: Wash it. Remove the stems. Slice thinly.
- Prepare the dressing: Add the vinegar, oil, peanut butter, sugar and salt to a blender or small bowl. Blend or whisk until creamy.
- Massage the kale: After prepping the kale, add the dressing and with clean hands give the leaves a rub down. Massage the dressing into the kale for 3-5 minutes. You'll know it's ready when the kale fiber starts to break down and the kale takes on a silky, dark green appearance.
- Add the carrots and toss.
- Sprinkle on the peanuts and serve.