This easy homemade blueberry sorbet refreshes with the taste of sweet berries, lime, and a hint of fresh ginger. This recipe comes together in a couple easy steps and a few ingredients.
DISCLOSURE: I was compensated for the post on the KitchenAid Blog but as always all opinions expressed are my own.
It’s finally blueberry season and I made sorbet! This time of year, blueberries are abundant, delicious and inexpensive. I love blueberries for the color, flavor and incredible nutrition benefits.
Learn all about the health benefits of blueberries in my seasonal nutrition column over on the KitchenAid blog.
Check it out and let me know what you’re making with blueberries this summer!
Blueberry Ginger Lime Sorbet
- 5 cups fresh washed and stemmed blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender.
- Liquefy about 2 minutes until the mixture reaches a deep purple color.
- Refrigerate until completely cool, about 2 hours. Taste and add more sugar here, if desired.
- Follow the instructions on your ice cream maker. Run the ice cream maker until the sorbet thickens to soft serve consistency. (It took me 20-25 minutes using the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Stand Mixer Attachment.)
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Scoop and serve.