Jump to Recipe | Print Recipe
Sweeten up date night dinner with this luscious bourbon peach glazed salmon that will nourish your heart and soul! And get 27 more recipes as part of the Black History Month Virtual Potluck!
With Valentine’s Day around the corner you might be thinking about your heart, as well as, the people you love. February is easily one of my favorite months
I think food is my love language. No surprises there. There’s something special about being to share good food with the people I care most about. If there was an equally important match it would be my love for easy and delicious eats. This recipe satisfies both.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Date Night: Bourbon Peach Glazed Salmon to nourish your heart and soul. #BHMPotluck” quote=”Date Night: Bourbon Peach Glazed Salmon to nourish your heart and soul.”]
Though it looks elegant, this peach glazed salmon recipe is easy to make and takes just a few minutes to come together. Start with the best fresh salmon you can find. Make sure it’s sliced into even fillets, so that it broils evenly. You can always ask the person at your seafood counter to do this for you.
Use my homemade peach jam or any good quality peach jam to make the peach glaze. Just be sure to choose one that’s low in added sugars and that has no preservatives. You can also cook down fresh or frozen peaches with honey and puree it for the glaze. The recipe gets the tiniest hint of smoky heat from ground chipotle pepper that plays so well with the sweet peaches and honey.
Serve this salmon with roasted broccoli or asparagus spears or whole green beans for an elegant touch – anything green will do. And let a little of that peach sauce bathe the green beans – you won’t regret it. And I have this down for 2 servings but you will likely have enough leftovers to flake over a salad the nnext day if you’re anything like me.
Though I’m sharing this recipe as a date night dinner idea, it’s part of the Black History Month Virtual Potluck – featuring top food bloggers around the country. Follow #BHMPotluck all month and scroll down for links to a few tasty dessert recipes from the group!
Bourbon Peach Glazed Salmon
- 2 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
- coarse salt and pepper to taste
Bourbon Peach Glaze
- ¼ cup peach jam, homemade preferred
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp chipotle powder
- Preheat the broiler to high. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Add salmon to a pan sheet pan.
- Whisk the peach jam, honey, bourbon, garlic and chipotle powders until smooth. Brush the glaze upon the fish covering the top and sides.
- Broil the salmon at least 6 inches from the heat element to an internal temperature of 145°F - about 10 minutes depending on the thickness of your fillets. Keep an eye out to make sure the salmon glaze doesn't burn.
- Serve this peach glazed salmon with sauteed whole green beans for an elegant touch or try roasted broccoli or asparagus.
- Optional: While the salmon is cooking, considering adding any extra peaches to a saucepan and cooking them down over medium heat with a little honey, bourbon, and a pinch of salt. Spoon the cooked peaches over the finished salmon or serve alongside the vegetables.
Black History Month Virtual Potluck Recipes:
Beautiful Eats & Things | Turkey Sausage Stuffed Collard Green Wraps
Better With Biscuits | Fresh Corn Pudding
Beyond The Bayou Food Blog | Creole Seafood Courtbouillon
Brandi’s Diary | Better than Jiffy Cornbread from Scratch
Butter Be Ready | Southern Style Mac and Cheese
Chef Kenneth | Fried Sweet Potato Hand Pie
Chocolate For Basil | Pilau and Kachumbari (Spiced Rice with Pico)
Cooks with Soul | Braised Short Rib Meatloaf
D.M.R. Fine Foods | Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding with Maple Glaze
Dash of Jazz | Nigerian Jollof Rice
Domestic Dee | Fried Peach Pies
Eat.Drink.Frolic. | Olive Oil Braised Collard Greens
Food Fidelity | Mofongo Relleno (Mashed Plantains with Garlic Shrimp)
Food is Love Made Edible | Buttermilk Biscuits with Fried Chicken and Tabasco Honey
High Heels and Good Meals | Crawfish Etouffee
HomeMadeZagat | Shrimp with Spicy Curry Cream Sauce
Houston Food Fetish | Sweet Almond Tea Cakes
In the Kitchen w/Kmarie | Pineapple Lemonade
My Life Runs On Food | Lentil Soup and Roast Okra
Orchids + Sweet Tea | Carrot and Zucchini Noodles Stir Fry with Shrimp
Raised on Ramen | Orange Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Savory Spicerack | Creamy Seafood Stew
The Kitchenista Diaries | Smothered Turkey Wings
The Seasoning Bottle | Honey Turmeric Skillet Chicken