Sweeten up date night dinner with this luscious bourbon peach glazed salmon that will nourish your heart and soul!
With Valentine’s Day around the corner you might be thinking about your heart, as well as, the people you love. February is easily one of my favorite months
I think food is my love language. No surprises there. There’s something special about being to share good food with the people I care most about. If there was an equally important match it would be my love for easy and delicious eats. This recipe satisfies both.Date Night: Bourbon Peach Glazed Salmon to nourish your heart and soul.
How to make peach glazed salmon?
Though it looks elegant, this peach glazed salmon recipe is easy to make and takes just a few minutes to come together. Start with the best fresh salmon you can find. You can also use frozen – just thaw it first.
Make sure it’s sliced into even fillets, so that it broils evenly. You can always ask the person at your seafood counter to do this for you.
Use my homemade peach jam or any good quality peach jam to make the peach glaze. Just be sure to choose one that’s low in added sugars and that has no preservatives.
You can also cook down fresh or frozen peaches with honey and puree it for the glaze. The recipe gets the tiniest hint of smoky heat from ground chipotle pepper that plays so well with the sweet peaches and honey.
Serve this salmon with roasted broccoli or asparagus spears or whole green beans for an elegant touch – anything green will do. And let a little of that peach sauce bathe the green beans – you won’t regret it.
I have this down for 2 servings but you will likely have enough leftovers to flake over a salad the next day if you’re anything like me.
Not a fan of salmon?
This Honey Garlic Sablefish with Broccoli is an easy and elegant option for date night. If you haven’t had sablefish before, this is the perfect place to start. And it has a similar savory sweet vibe as this peach salmon.
Make my Mediterranean Style Cod in Parchment for an easy date night dinner.
Though I’m sharing this recipe as a date night dinner idea, it’s part of the Black History Month Virtual Potluck – featuring top food bloggers around the country.
Bourbon Peach Glazed Salmon
- 2 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
- coarse salt and pepper to taste
Bourbon Peach Glaze
- ¼ cup peach jam, homemade preferred
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon chipotle powder
- Preheat the broiler to high. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Add salmon to a pan sheet pan.
- Whisk the peach jam, honey, bourbon, garlic and chipotle powders until smooth. Brush the glaze upon the fish covering the top and sides.
- Broil the salmon at least 6 inches from the heat element to an internal temperature of 145°F – about 10 minutes depending on the thickness of your fillets. Keep an eye out to make sure the salmon glaze doesn’t burn.
- Serve this peach glazed salmon with sauteed whole green beans for an elegant touch or try roasted broccoli or asparagus.
- Optional: While the salmon is cooking, considering adding any extra peaches to a saucepan and cooking them down over medium heat with a little honey, bourbon, and a pinch of salt. Spoon the cooked peaches over the finished salmon or serve alongside the vegetables.