Inspiration can come from the most unlikely places. Earlier this month, I was invited to participate in a Google Glass demo preview. (If you didn’t know, I tend to geek out on new technology.) At the Glass event, we were greeted with Mexican horchata (pronounced or-CHA-tah). While familiar with the drink, I always thought it was made with milk. I was excited to learn that horchata is traditionally a non-dairy beverage made of soaked ground rice, almonds and cinnamon. Sound good? It is!
Almond White Hot Chocolate
- 8 oz plain almond milk
- 1/2 ounce white chocolate
- Dash cinnamon
- Drop vanilla extract
- Heat the almond milk over medium heat in a small pot.
- Break the white chocolate into the warm almond milk. Whisk until completely melted.
- Add the cinnamon. Whisk until blended.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Add a drop of vanilla and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.
- Pour into your favorite mug.
- Sip and savor, preferably with fuzzy socks on!