Jump to Recipe
This Honey Peach Simple Syrup is made with fresh peaches and no refined sugars. It’s so easy that you’ll be done before you realize you’ve started!
You can make simple syrup using honey. I didn’t know this until recently but apparently mixologists do it all the time. If you’re like me, you either don’t have white sugar in the house or you’ve had it in the pantry so long, it’s all clumped together or yellowed. I just don’t find a regular use for it and prefer more complex flavors when sweetening things up – like those you get in honey, maple syrup or dates, for example.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Make this Honey Peach Simple Syrup to sweeten all the things… ” quote=”Make this Honey Peach Simple Syrup to sweeten all the things… “]
My last few posts have been all about peaches (sorry, not sorry) but I’ll be sharing the last one of the season tomorrow. To make this recipe, you’ll just need fresh peaches, honey, water and a little time.
And oh. Don’t toss the strained peaches. Save the leftover cooked peaches and add to oatmeal, a smoothie or eat it like applesauce. 😋
Here’s the super simple recipe
Honey Peach Simple Syrup
- ½ cup your favorite honey
- ½ cup water
- 2 medium peaches, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- Heat all ingredients in a small pot over medium heat until the honey melts.
- Let the mixture steep for at least 20 minutes. Strain the syrup from the peaches. Save the spent peaches to stir into oats or yogurt or eat it like applesauce - or uh peach sauce.
- Bottle, cap and refrigerate the honey peach simple syrup for up to one week. Some peach particles will likely settle to the bottom, so be sure to shake it up before using.
Stay tuned… this sweetie is just the beginning. I can hardly wait to show you how I used this syrup but I’d love to hear how you’d use it? Let me know below or tag me on Instagram @marisamoore when you make it.
Here are a bunch more peach recipes… not for this syrup but just to enjoy peaches before the season ends!
How to Make Peach Jam in the Instant Pot
Skillet Ginger Peach Crisp for Two
Peach, Basil, Mozzarella Bites
Fresh Peach & Pecan Baked Oatmeal
Peach Basil & Feta Toast
PIN this one for later!