These easy breakfast tacos will help you break out of a breakfast rut! Easy Egg & Avocado Breakfast Tacos combine savory scrambled eggs with creamy avocado and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro and salsa to kick breakfast boredom to the curb!
These breakfast tacos are ready in just about 5 minutes. And you’ll only need a few ingredients.
Oil or butter
Salt and pepper
Fresh cilantro, optional but recommended
Breakfast is easy, versatile and not limited to plain cereal.
My Easy Egg & Avocado Breakfast Tacos are one of my favorite ways to have eggs. I have these for breakfast but also for lunch when working from home and want something quick – which is all the time.
Easy breakfast ideas
Make a fried egg with toast or eggs scrambled with leftover vegetables.
Oatmeal is a go-to breakfast choice. It takes less than 5 minutes in the microwave or try Peach Baked Oatmeal for a crowd.
Make grits and serve with my Baked Salmon Cakes for breakfast or dinner. Whoever came up with the idea of “brinner” (breakfast for dinner) is genius. I’ll take any excuse to eat grits at night.
Best way to reheat tortillas
You can heat tortillas in many ways.
In the microwave wrapped in a damp napkin helps keep the tortillas pliable. Using a dry skillet is easy and still adds a little flavor – particularly to homemade masa/corn tortillas or flour ones.
I am a fan of heating tortillas using a flame – on a gas stove. This is not for everyone and if you do it, do so at your own risk. But that’s how I do it to get a lovely char.
Ways to make breakfast tacos
Below is the simple recipe for these easy breakfast tacos. But these tacos are easy to customize.
You can add a little cheese, green or red peppers, and/or black beans – whatever you have leftover in the fridge.
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Egg Avocado Breakfast Tacos
- 2 soft corn tortillas
- ½ teaspoon oil or butter
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet onion
- 2 eggs beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped avocado or more
- homemade or good quality jarred salsa I use Frontera brand
- fresh cilantro
- Heat the tortillas in a dry pan or safely over an open flame until slightly charred or blistered. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil or butter on medium-low heat. Lightly saute the onions. Turn the heat to low. Add the eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook slowly to desired doneness.
- Add the cooked eggs to the tortillas. Top with avocado, salsa and fresh cilantro. Fold and enjoy.